The international youth delegates will be selected according to these criteria:
- Between 18 and 30;
- Well versed in current national/international youth policies and/or development debates;
- Willing and motivated to prepare the South Asian Youth Summit together with other young people through involving in/conducting consultations to take other young people’s views to the South Asian Youth Summit;
- Willing to ensure follow-up to the South Asian Youth Summit through dissemination of outcomes and taking part in the implementation of the outcome document;
- Able to work in English;
- Supported by an organization /community that can endorse you as a delegate (whenever possible);
Please note that gender and regional balance will be taken into account in the selection.
The role of youth delegates:
- To represent their constituencies during the South Asian Youth Summit 2017 and actively take part in the conference programme;
- To prepare for the South Asian Youth Summit 2017 together with their constituencies through the organisation of consultations and other pre-conference programmes;
- To actively follow-up the IYC.