Prior to the SOUTH ASIAN YOUTH SUMMIT 2018, a series of regional pre-Summit youth meeting in the form of bilateral youth dialogue are to be held to record the experience of the SAARC’s major regions and facilitate the establishment of consensuses and recommendations during South Asian Youth Summit 2018. Representatives of organized civil society will participate in the official delegations. The programs, dates and venues of the pre-conferences will be defined at the IYC’s National Youth Committee, to be established shortly, on the basis of the conceptual framework of the IYC, with particular emphasis on youth. The Bhubaneswar Youth Declaration 2017 will be reviewed at each of the pre-summit youth meeting with a view to achieving consensus.
Various activities including Bilateral Youth Dialogues & Pre-Summit Youth Meeting have been conducted in the past by IYC in all SAARC member countries specially as a part of the preparation of the South Asian Youth Summit which is popularly known as SAYS. Few of them can be mentioned as:
- Indo-Bhutan Bilateral Youth Dialogue 2016’ was held on 27th December 2016 at Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Education, Thimphu, Royal Kingdom of Bhutan;
- Indo-Nepal Bilateral Youth Dialogue 2017’ was held on 29thJanuary 2017 at Ministry of Tourism Conference Hall, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Indo–Maldives Bilateral Youth Dialogue 2017
- Indo – Pak Bilateral Youth Dialogue 2017 was held from 29th July – 1st August 2017 in male, the capital city of Maldives.
- Indo- Afghan Bilateral Youth Dialogue was held from 12th – 14th August 2017 at Kabul, Afghanistan;
- 1st South Asian Youth Summit 2018 conducted successfully from 17th – 20th September 2018 hosted by Republic of India with over 450 participants;
- Indo – Bangladesh Youth Dialogue was held from 23rd – 24th February 2018 at Dhaka, Bangladesh;
- 2nd Pre -Summit Youth Meeting 2018 (Nepal) was held on 19th May 2018 at Ministry of Tourism Conference Hall, Kathmandu, Nepal;
- 2nd Pre – Summit Youth Meeting 2018 (Sri Lanka) was held on 21st June 2018 at Colombo, Republic of Sri Lanka &
- 2nd Pre – Summit Youth Meeting 2018 (Maldives) was held on 23rd June 2018 at Male, Republic of Maldives.
His Excellency Mr. Akhilesh Mishra, Ambassador of India to Maldives addressing the youth at Pre-Summit Youth Meeting 2017 held in Male’ , Republic of Maldives from 29 July – 2 August 2017.
Maldives kept a records of biggest youth delegation in SAYS 2018 Bhubaneswar with over 40 participants from a small island country. They also won “Best Country Award 2017”. Later, the award was handed over to Mr. Abdulla Yemen, His Excellency, The President of Maldives as National Importance.
Hon. Minister of Youth & Sports Ms. Iruthisham Adam & Director General Mr. Zakir Ahmed also seen in the picture witnessing the handing over of “Best country Award 2017” of 1st SAYS 2017.