Attendees at the Summit will finalize an youth action agenda to mobilize civil society – its local and international NGOs, networks and activists, as well as academics, educators, policy makers, businesses and member states, reflecting the aspirations and ambitions of all global citizens, in the spirit of leaving no one behind. This agenda will be drafted through a global multi-stakeholder consultation process, leading up to and during the Summit. The agenda will be offered for adoption at the final plenary session of the Summit, and will be shared widely with civil society as well as SAARC, UN Member States, UN Organizations and the UN Secretary-General. The Summit has a unique aim of producing a joint outcome document between states and youth, the “Bhubaneswar Youth Declaration”.
Some of the Benefits of Participants:
- To become closely aware of the details of different Government’s position on all important international issues;
- To listen to the opinions of other delegates and experts;
- To take part in the elaboration of recommendations;
- To express your opinion on the items of the international agenda;
- To take part as drafting committee members appointed by IYC of the Bhubaneswar Youth Declaration 2017;
- To achieve the position of young Head of State or Minister and to extend the skills in the field of international negotiation and diplomacy;
- To forge links with business and academic partners and likeminded people;
- To establish lasting contacts with all other participants of the South Asian Youth Summit 2017, including representatives of business and government, international organizations, academics, students and professors from some of the best universities in the world, as well as experts in the field of international relations, finance, economics and law;
- To develop personal trust and friendship trough the special atmosphere of evening and cultural events.