The South Asian Youth Award, Asia’s premier prize and highest honor, celebrates greatness of spirit and trans-formative leadership in Asia. In the past over one-decade journey of IYC, the award has been bestowed on outstanding men, women and organizations whose selfless service has offered their societies, Asia, and the world successful solutions to some of the most intractable problems of human development.
The trustees of the IYC Foundation annually select the awardees. Awardees are presented with a certificate and a pure gold medallion with an embossed image of KK Singh facing right in profile. The Award is presented to them in formal ceremonies of the closing day of South Asian Youth Summit on September 19th, the birth anniversary day of the much-esteem International Youth Committee Founder Dr. KK Singh to mark a respect on his selfless contributions to empower youth of the World whose ideals inspired the IYC’s creation in 2007.
Prestigious “South Asian Youth Award 2019” will be giving for Excellence in Development Work. These awards recognize inspiring young people whose development work has had a significant impact on people and communities in their country or region.
We are looking for young people aged 15 to 29 years, whose development work demonstrates the World Program for Actions of Youth (WPAY) of the United Nations, to:
- Promote youth participation in decision making
- Promote economic empowerment of young people
- Act for equality between young women and young men
- Promote peaceful and democratic environment in which human rights flourish
- Provide quality education for all
- Improve access to information and communication technology
- Promote health, development and values through sport and culture
- Engage young people to protect the environment.
Criteria for nomination
Individuals can nominate themselves or can be nominated by someone who is able to vouch for the legitimacy of the nominee’s development work. The nominee must meet the following criteria:
– The nominee must have been engaged in their development work for more than 12 months either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
– The nominee must be from United Nations Member country only.
– The development work must be ongoing and in a member country.
– The nominee should not be older than 29 years of age.
– The nominee must be a confirmed delegate of SAYS 2019.
– Nominees should give permission for their names to be put forward (if nominated by someone else).
– Award winners and finalists must agree to take part in publicity and activities generated by the IYC.
– The development work can be within any number of areas, including agriculture, skills training, arts and culture, environment protection, education, health and well-being, human rights, information and communications technology, journalism and many more areas including sport, science and sustainability.
How to nominate someone:
Complete the online nomination form here at http://www.saarcyouth.org/southasianyouthaward2019/ to submit a nomination.
Last date of accept of Nomination:
Application last date of submission is Sunday, 28th April 2019 2018 till 23.59 pm (IST).
Jurisdiction to Apply:
Application can be submitted by youth from the following countries: SAARC Countries, All Asian & African Countries, States with observer status include Australia, China, the European Union, Iran, Japan, Mauritius, Myanmar, South Korea and the United States.
Total Number of Award Winner to be Selected:
1 (One) winner (Gold) will be selected along with 1 (One) runners up (Silver) and 1 (One) second runners up (Bronze) with 8 consolation prizes.
Awards will be based on:
The Awards will be given to global youths based on six criteria — qualification, experience, skill, publication/network, contribution and vision clarity.
The finalists will be invited to receive their awards at the official closing ceremony of South Asian Youth Summit 2018 to be held from 28 November – 30th November 2018 in Colombo City, Sri Lanka.
The award consists the value of:
- Pure Gold Medal of 1 tola,
- A citation,
- A plaque,
- A shawl,
- 4 Night 5 Days 5 Star Accommodation in the host city with 3 days country tour,
- Special Package for traveling to attend the Award Ceremony &
- Your Country’s flag will be rise above the others along with your National Anthem while handing over the award.
Click here to see the past winners: http://iyc-hq.org/past-winners-south-asian-youth-award/.