The cross cutting theme of SOUTH ASIAN YOUTH SUMMIT 2017 is “Creating a Sustainable Future: Empowering Youth with Sustainable Opportunities”.
- To bring together young people in the region in order to address issues that impact youth in this part of the world;
- To strengthen and tightening the existing relationships amongst the SAARC nations;
- To formulate a policy by identifying common issues and problems of the regions to empower the youth;
- To achieve a declaration by consensus by all governments specially Ministry of Youth Affairs identifying key actions for youth and development policies to be presented at the 72nd Sessions of the United Nations General Assembly;
- To promote the establishment of a mechanism that will provide specific follow-up for the youth agenda in both the government and the United Nations System;
- To encourage dialogue between civil society organizations and governments on youth and development policies to better understand the priorities and needs of South Asian youth &
- To share experiences and knowledge of youth and development dialogues, policies, strategies and programs.