Famous Young Journalists from Brazil Mr. Rene Silva receiving the prestigious “World Youth Prize 2016” – the highest award of youth of the World instituted by IYC for his heroic acts during the dangerous conflicts in between the Police & Drug Traffickers in “Complexo do Alemão” , Rio de Janeiro in November, 2010.
The World Youth Prize, World’s premier prize and highest honor, celebrates greatness of spirit and transformative leadership in the World. In the past one-decade journey of IYC, the award has been bestowed on outstanding men, women and organizations whose selfless service has offered their societies and the world successful solutions to some of the most intractable problems of human development.
The trustees of the IYC Foundation annually select the awardees. Awardees are presented with a certificate and a golden trophy. The Award is presented to them in formal ceremonies of the closing day of South Asian Youth Summit on November 30th 2018. In the past in some years, it was also given during the World Youth Conference.
Prestigious “World Youth Prize 2018” will be giving for Excellence in Development Work. These awards recognize inspiring young people whose development work has had a significant impact on people and communities in their country or region.
We are looking for young people aged 15 to 34 years, whose development work demonstrates the World Program for Actions of Youth (WPAY) of the United Nations, to:
- Promote youth participation in decision making
- Promote economic empowerment of young people
- Act for equality between young women and young men
- Promote peaceful and democratic environment in which human rights flourish
- Provide quality education for all
- Improve access to information and communication technology
- Promote health, development and values through sport and culture
- Engage young people to protect the environment.
Criteria for nomination:
Individuals can nominate themselves or can be nominated by someone who is able to vouch for the legitimacy of the nominee’s development work. The nominee must meet the following criteria:
– The nominee must have been engaged in their development work for more than 12 months either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
– The nominee must be from United Nations Member country only.
– The development work must be ongoing and in a member country.
– The nominee should not be older than 29 years of age.
– The nominee must be a confirmed delegate of SAYS 2018.
– Nominees should give permission for their names to be put forward (if nominated by someone else).
– Award winners and finalists must agree to take part in publicity and activities generated by the IYC.
– The development work can be within any number of areas, including agriculture, skills training, arts and culture, environment protection, education, health and well-being, human rights, information and communications technology, journalism and many more areas including sport, science and sustainability.
How to nominate someone:
Nominee has to submit his CV / resume, short biography about his life & work, a high resolution fresh passport size photograph and passport scanned copy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date of accept of Nomination:
Application last date of submission is Tuesday, 31st August 2018, 2300 Hrs.
Jurisdiction to Apply:
Application can be submitted by youth from any part or region of the World.
Total Number of Award Winner to be Selected:
1 (One) winner has to select for each UN Member states (country).
Awards will be based on:
The Awards will be given to global youths based on six criteria — qualification, experience, skill, publication/network, contribution and vision clarity.
The finalists will be invited to receive their awards at the official closing ceremony of South Asian Youth Summit 2018 to be held on 30th November 2018 at 5 pm in a glittering ceremony at BMICH, Colombo City, Sri Lanka.
The award consists the value of:
- A Golden trophy,
- A citation,
- A plaque &
- A shawl.
You can contact for any queries to Mr. Munna Kumar, (Head, Foreign Division, IYC), at email@example.com .